Cyber-crime is something that seems to be spreading in all parts of the world very quickly. Where on one hand Internet has blessed us with the boon of connectivity and information, it has also made us more vulnerable to crimes that can spoil our life and imagine forever. It actually has the power to leak some of our most confidential data along with personal photos and videos that we would actually never even think of sharing with some outsider. All this has made us very worried and troubled about our security concerns.
Thankfully the government has been really active in recognizing such deeds as a crime and have also decided punishments for individuals or teams that indulge in such ridiculous acts. However, it gets really important for us to not completely depend on others to protect us from such crimes. We are very much responsible for what happens to us and have all the right to prevent these ill acts as much as we can. How? We have some useful tips here
How to prevent cyber-crimes
Some useful tips to prevent yourself from cyber-crimes include:
- The first important thing to do here is to ensure that you set really strong passwords for your data if you wish to safeguard them on the Internet.
- You must activate your firewall in order to protect your computer or laptop from getting affected by any virus.
- You must install anti-virus software to prevent your systems from getting spammed and misused.
- Make sure that all the social media accounts created by you are set in a private mode. Do not keep the information public.
- When it comes to mobile, simply avoid downloading unnecessary apps and data that you don’t need.
- Keep changing the default settings of your Wi-Fi.
- You have to be careful when you share your personal and critical information on the Internet with someone. Use encrypted platforms only to share such information.
- Don’t click on files or links that come from unrecognizable sources.
- Clear your browsing data after visiting helpful sites like LovePlugs to guard your privacy.
- Take advice from experts to deal with c=such crimes in case you are trapped.
Following these steps is a must today if you seriously want to guard your information and privacy from hackers.